Brushing and Flossing
How and when to brush:
It’s best that you brush your teeth at least three times a day, preferably after each meal. Our orthodontists suggest that each time you brush you do it first with plain water and then repeat the process with fluoride toothpaste. We recommend that you not use whitening products since you won’t be able to whiten the entire surface of the teeth while wearing braces/Invisalign attachments.
When brushing, you should:
- Start on the outside of your teeth and work the brush in circular motions at a straight angle.
- Brush upper jaw with a downward angle (for the lower jaw, angle up) when cleaning between braces and gums.
- Brush upper jaw with an upward angle (use a downward angle for the lower jaw) as you finish cleaning the outside of your teeth.
- Be gentle while brushing the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Brush the inside surfaces of your teeth last.
- Brush your tongue and the palate (roof of your mouth).
- Brush any removable appliances you are wearing.
- We recommend using an interdental toothbrush to help keep your braces, gums, and teeth clean.
The Importance of Flossing:
Floss at least once daily. You can use a threader to help you pull the floss beneath the underwire. Once it is through, carefully move the floss up and down between your teeth all the way to the gums. Be sure you use a different section of the floss for each tooth.
Angela R.Google Review
“We have had an excellent experience here and would recommend it to anyone!! They are always very professional and have always been willing and able to help or assist with any questions I've had.”
Juanita T.Google Review
“Everyone was very friendly and gave more than one option for braces and payments. My son was very nervous about getting braces but Amanda had him smiling the whole time we were there and it helped him relax. She explained what she was going to do before doing it. I am so happy I decided to take my son here.”
Chrissie S.Google Review
“Had a great experience. Everyone was so nice and informative at the office from the moment I checked in to checking out. They also helped me in choosing the perfect financing plan that best fits me. I'm extremely happy with my new braces and excited to take this journey with SmileLife. Thank you!”
Sonia R.Google Review
“I went in for a consultation for my daughter and she walked away with a full set of braces! They were quick and very informational. They have several financial plans to choose from and very affordable. Everyone was real nice and friendly.”
Laura T.Google Review
“The staff and environment was very comforting and friendly. The service I received there was wonderful. I would recommend this place to anyone. Not only is the staff wonderful and friendly but the cost is very affordable and reasonable for those with no insurance. I'm very please with my braces and so is my daughter.”