If your teeth aren’t quite straight, you might want to consider Invisalign®.
Invisalign® is a clear, non–metal alternative to braces, and it works by gradually shifting your teeth into the desired position.
SmileLife is one of the top Invisalign® providers in all of Texas and has earned Invisalign’s® Platinum status.
Are you a good candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign can be used by adults of any age and by teens. SmileLife is recognized as a Platinum Provider of Invisalign. Our experience allows us to treat even complex cases that would typically require traditional braces.
- Gapped Teeth
- Open Bite
- Cross Bite
More about Invisalign
Invisalign offers many benefits over metal braces and is therefore a good option for many patients.
The treatment uses a Smart Track™ material, a polyurethane plastic, that is engineered to gently and efficiently move your teeth vertically, horizontally, and, in some cases, rotate your teeth. Additionally, there have been many improvements to the aligners over the last few years that make it an effective treatment for not only adults but also teens.
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so if the bulky appearance of traditional metal braces has been holding you back, Invisalign may be the perfect fit.
- Since the clear aligners are comfortable, they will be easy to wear for the 20-22 hours that dentists suggest they should be worn.
- Unlike metal braces, Invisalign won’t irritate the soft tissue of your gums and cheeks.
- Invisalign aligners can also be easily removed from your teeth, so you will be able to brush and floss easily, making taking care of your aligners and your teeth an easier and faster process.
- Because Invisalign aligners can be easily removed, you will also be free to eat all of your favorite foods without worry.
- Invisalign treatment also works much more quickly than traditional metal braces, typically lasting around 12-18 months.
What to expect: Invisalign
While Invisalign offers many benefits, the diligence and commitment that it takes to make Invisalign a successful treatment mean that it is not for everyone. You will need to brush and floss after every meal to ensure that plaque and bacteria doesn’t get trapped in your aligners, which can promote tooth decay and gum disease. Furthermore, you will need to brush and clean your aligners daily.
During an initial consultation, you will meet with our team, who will evaluate your teeth and decide with you if Invisalign is the best treatment option for you. With Invisalign, your clear aligners are custom fitted to your teeth.
Depending on the customized treatment plan, you may need to change your personalized aligners on a weekly basis. Your SmileLife orthodontist will likely have you schedule a check-up appointment every 2-3 months to ensure that your Invisalign treatment is working properly. Similar to treatment after metal braces are removed, you will be given a retainer to make sure that your teeth don’t shift.